chapter administers five separate contracts with Local Union 25, IBEW.
| 1. "A"
Inside and Outside
| 2. Residential and
| 3. Telecommunications
| 4. Maintenance
| 5. Testing and
charter for the Nassau and Suffolk Chapter, Long Island was issued on October
25, 1948. The first Board of Directors meeting was held November 1, 1948 and
the Elks Club in Huntington, New York. The minutes of this first meeting show
that there were 14 contractors who were members in good standing. R.J. Etherson was the first President. The Association was located at 21 Ash
Street, Franklin Square, New York.
letter was read at the first meeting from Paul M. Geary, Executive Vice
President of NECA, transmitting the approved copy of the by-laws and the
first Chapter Manager was Allan Grimes, who started on March 7, 1949 and
resigned on April 13, 1949 (that has to be some kind of record). There
were three Chapter Managers between Mr. Grimes and John B. Kiernan, who
was hired on May 5, 1950. Mr. Kiernan stayed for 15 years and resigned
June 16, 1965. Barry French was then hired as Chapter Manager and he retired in 1986. Andrew J. Nowotny
served from 1987 to 1997, Michael Gilchrist from 1997 to 2002, Roy Richey from 2002
to 2012, and Pete Mastrorocco at the
ISB, Industrial Stabilization Board, now the EIB Electrical Industry
Board, was first mentioned in the NECA minutes on August 29, 1950.